Plymouth Argyle - Home Park -Mayflower Stand 3 - 1970s
Legendary Football Grounds
Home Park was constructed in 1893 for use by Devonport Albion rugby club until a dispute led to the ground being vacated in 1898. Argyle Football Club changed their name to Plymouth Argyle and took over Home Park in 1903.
During the Plymouth Blitz in 1941 Home Park suffered damage from errant bombs targeting the nearby Royal Navy base at Devonport. The main grandstand and playing surface were destroyed by enemy action but repaired sufficiently for the resumption of football in 1946.
January 27th, 2016
Viewed 3,239 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/24/2024 at 5:58 PM