Swansea - Vetch Field - East Terrace 1 - BW - 1960s
Legendary Football Grounds
Named for the a vegetable that grew wild on the land, Vetch Field was home to Swansea Town, later Swansea City, FC from their founding in 1912 until the club moved to Liberty Stadium in 2005.
The East Terrace Stand was the newest part of the ground constructed in the late 1970's. The stand itself is truncated because the club was unable to acquire the ground necessary to extend along the full length of the goal line. Originally the club planned to reconstruct the ground in a style similar to the East Stand, including the angled floodlight post on the roof.
The West Stand was originally a double deck as shown in our photos but safety concerns forced the closure of the upper tier of seats. Eventually the upper tier was cut down and roofed over.
February 2nd, 2016
Viewed 2,908 Times - Last Visitor from Seattle, WA on 02/23/2024 at 6:47 AM